1 Feb 2015

thirty one weeks

my sweet babe,
your every-so agreeable father captured these photos of us today, just as dusk began to crept in - we were all tired after a day of busyness but I couldn't let the moment go - the very moment of being exactly this full of you. Like your brother you seem to be settling with your head down and while I am glad for you to be practising this positioning, the pressure is at times uncomfortably intense. Skirts and dresses and loose cotton pants are worn often, and this beloved linen dress - locally designed and handmade in the city - is especially luxurious and accommodating. I am certain the next nine weeks will fly by as we chase your brother about, bake for the markets, run an art class, prepare for hundreds of chickens to arrive, sow dozens of seeds and plant out vegetables, embrace the lenten season, celebrate birthdays and anniversaries, usher in the crisp cool of autumn and quiet prayers for you, for all of us, to keep growing, trusting, hoping... love you always, mama xx

7 comments:

  1. Love you always too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so beautiful....such a kind, gentle sweet mama. Everything you write is so lovely. I wish you beautiful days ahead. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a good mama. And that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My! You certainly are a busy lady/family. I love your dress and I'm glad you found something comfortable to wear during this season of your life. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, thoughts ideas and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you, beautiful mama! Glowing in that sweet light <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sweet, sweet Em, you are looking positively radiant. That dress, the hair, that beautiful contented smile... Radiant mama. You sound so so busy, but a good busy I imagine. I hope we can catch up before your little babe arrives. I look forward to hearing about your adventures. Much love Tina xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.