2 Jan 2015

to the year passed

{a tradition... the year that was, under my feet… }

2014
Oh 2014, what a year you have been,
I don't know where to start,
you aren't so easily summed up
you are so full of moments
hard and truly truly glorious

like

the sounds of pigs roaming, happily,
little hands crushing grapes in finger tips,
strong arms building fences, painting a landscape,
my own nervous hands shaking a swarm of honey bees,
fermenting, sun-soaking, seed-raising

plans made, surprises and
unknowns to make sense of,
struggles of beloved friends -

we took our boldest steps yet
to move to the countryside and
join a new community,
learn to farm holistically,
start our own business -
conceive a new life

and in all I keep trusting Him
for direction and soul-soothe
and mystery,

year passed -
for keeping me moving
for the learning and
everything else
thank you.


.
20132012
2011
2010
2009

5 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I always love these posts <3 Much love for 2015, dear heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your summary of the year. Our faith and hope is what helps to keep us going in time of uncertainty :-)

    May your 2015 be glorius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May there be an abundance of love in your 2015, lovely one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing what it's like to be in your shoes--or rather, your feet! :) I'm sure that God has so much loveliness in store for you in the new year. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 2015! I love these feet posts Em.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.