16 Jan 2015

my happy place

 Oh! Our kitchen is such a happy place for me... it is probably the most frequented room in the house, and is by far the roomiest kitchen we've ever had to ourselves. I love it's high ceiling, wooden floorboards and original 50s curved wall and wooden cupboards. We are tempering all the cream with hints of colour - enamel and ceramics and vintage linen I've collected over the years.

The table is a recent find at a market and the chairs were spied at the back of a local café which seem to accompany the table perfectly. My favourite spot perhaps is by the sink - where I spend many moments throughout the day washing up dirty dishes - I love that I can see out into the yard and welcome in the morning light... and sometimes spy my little boy splashing in puddles, or the pots of geraniums flowering, or the herd of cows grazing in the paddock surround us. Bliss indeed.

8 comments:

  1. Just lovely! Looks so calm,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is calm most of the time ;)

      Delete
  2. This looks like such a warm and inviting room! It's lovely. We are living in a student condo while my husband is in school, and our kitchen has no windows and a giant fluorescent light... I've tried to soften it a bit, but still dream of windows :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! I would especially love to have a view out my kitchen window especially since I spend so much time washing dishes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the kitchen! Can't wait to have my own in a few years :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gentle blues, and it's so much nicer than I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's such a beautiful space. I find myself looking at it again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely and warm. Something that all the renovations and 'new' trends can't ever replace is a well worn and loved home with character and charm and stories to tell. What a beautiful place to while away the hours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.