19 Nov 2014

comfort sewing

In the last few weeks I had some rare opportunity to sew a few practical items for myself. They may be very modest garments but they bring a lot of joy when worn...

The first is a soft robe for the often chilly mornings (despite it being mid-November) from some pure cotton terry and a very old Kwik-Sew pattern. The second is a beige linen cross-back apron - I drew up the idea a few months ago and used a Japanese pattern from this apron-compendium as a guide. Linen is by far and away my most favourite fibre - it is so very soft and healthy and beautiful to look at - all that crushing.

Before the year is out I'd like to start on some sewing for the baby, and maybe a few things to sell at the Christmas markets next month.

Have you been sewing anything lately?

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful idea to sew yourself some comfortable beautiful articles of clothing before baby arrives. You've done a great job of both! I'm afraid I haven't been sewing for almost a year. I am not sure when I will get to it again but it is always great to sew something isn't it? Have a wonderful rest of your week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Open up shop! I want BOTH! :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness you're clever. That linen looks so lovely and perfectly imperfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!

    I just sewed three wool dresses from the Stylish Dress Book of Japanese patterns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always so impressed with your sewing :) I am currently working on a baby quilt for a friend (amongst about 7 other projects ;) xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.