11 Jul 2014

thrifty fingers

For about ten years now I've appreciated, bought, reclaimed and thrifted old wearables and fabrics. Not because it was the trendy thing to do, but because I loved the way clothes were once made - by hand, with quality materials, properly fitted, feminine... Then I travelled and lived abroad, became a mama, began to live in the countryside and learn to farm. I found myself wearing these vintage treasures less and less... I held onto them because they held special memories to me of king street crawls, outings with friends, of a pumpkin ball and a school formal, of autumn walks, picnics and our honeymoon. I will always have these, yes - but I'd rather someone else actually enjoy wearing them (not just the thought) So in my attempts to sort and reduce before we move again down south I've made a second pop-up etsy shop - it's called thrifty fingers - if an able gardener can be called a green thumb - then a keen explorer of pre-loved things surely has thrifty fingers!  Everything is on sale too xx

::

black mohair cloche $14. black lace swing dress $951960s alpine-inspired knitted sweater $45. french felted beret $12. hand knitted tea cosies $18- $22. colourful silk and cotton scarves $6. 1960s beaded cream cardigan $49. autumn leaves leather shoes $25. 

2 comments:

  1. All gorgeous, but those cardigans, divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful pieces! And oh- your hair! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.