8 Jun 2014

a monet dress

Oh! This is my newly hand sewn dress - I've named her "Monet" as she reminds me so well of his shimmering waterlilies at the Muse√© L'Orangerie - those purple, blue, green, cream and dusky pink hues... It seems like forever ago I took my babe there in my arms.

The fabric is the softest double gauze cotton by Japanese fabric designer Nani Iro - when I bought it last year I hoped to make a garment for myself but had no pattern in mind. Then a few weeks ago I found Rae's elegant washi dress...  I finished it just in time for my Aunt Cynthia's 50th birthday lunch yesterday - and did feel uncommonly luminous and flowery...

5 comments:

  1. oh i so wanted to see Musee l'orangerie on our recent trip to Paris. It just didn't happen. Lovely photographs and thank you for sharing :) PS: the dress is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colour and it suits you well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is just lovely Em, the colours are so perfect for you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Em! truly. I am impressed :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.