23 Apr 2014

farewell

Tomorrow we leave the place that has been home and work and inspiration for the past seven months. Our hearts are so grateful for the opportunity to begin our farming adventures somewhere so dedicated to revival and regeneration. We leave with a sharper sense of why we want to work (and be worked by) the land. We leave with stronger arms and a catalog in the mind's eye of dawns and dusks. We leave with having seen a calf freshly born. We have tasted minutes old milk and held eggs still warm with lay. We have stretched out on the field and heard the life beneath the grass.

The next weeks, months, ventures are daunting and exciting. I remember to be still and contemplate Him who loves me most. I remember to live each day at a time and not get too caught up in the future - the long-term - the plans (important as they are - I need to embrace the present). I remember the gifts in my life; my sweet family, my beautiful boy, my devoted partner, my steady hands, pens and paper, pots and pans, seedlings and a watering can - I let go of what could have been and focus on what still can be. I acknowledge all my worries, the overwhelm, the unknown - and choose joy, because I must.

farewell chapter so brilliant and busy -
let's meet again on the next page,
after a good rest
xx

11 comments:

  1. "I let go of what could have been and focus on what still can be. I acknowledge all my worries, the overwhelm, the unknown - and choose joy, because I must.

    farewell chapter so brilliant and busy -
    let's meet again on the next page,
    after a good rest"


    I love the way you have expressed this. I admire the thoughts. And we will continue to pray and watch to see where the next page takes you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're entering the next chapter with so much wisdom-it's gonna be good no doubt! What is next for you, I wonder!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I have to ask... where are you off to next, friend? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have had some amazing experiences. ones that I wish I could say I've had. I look forward to hearing more about the new chapter in your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're a really great writer. Excited to see where life takes you and your family next (: Christ is Risen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said. "Farewell" to the old and "Hello" to the new ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful experience you and your family have had Emily. Wishing you much love and joy in your new adventures. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see what awakens next in the dreams you cradle so generously, so thoughtfully. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is next for you, my friend?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such a beautiful and wise soul :) We too are about to begin a new chapter in the next few weeks, and this resonates with me deeply. Praying peace for you as you transition and hope and cry! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an incredible 7 months. Thank you for sharing your journey in this space. I love that photo of you behind the blue twine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.