1 Jan 2014

underfoot

{a tradition... the year that was, under my feet… }

2013

begins with winter snow
longed-for sunshine
babe exploring
birthday blooms
spring arriving
ready for baking
returning home
gathering, moving -
soul-soothing,
farming pasture,
stopping for lavender,
picking nasturtiums
(months ago sown)
ends in summer sun

looking down is not to be confused with being downcast, but rather, a practice in noticing the beauty tred, the seasons we pass through, things we learn, the leaving and returning, the growth of the year. thank you two thousand thirteen, for all you have been...

2012
2011
2010
2009

7 comments:

  1. I like your foot shots!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this tradition...capturing all the places you've been and been a part of. I'm happy to have found your blog this year. I adore the way you write and see the world around you. You seem to have a wise and sweet soul. Happy New Year! Hope good things happen and dreams come true. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So full, so good. Wishing you a peace and joy filled new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a tradition every New Year's Eve to run around the house in the snow barefoot, and this series reminded me of that. I love seeing your perspective of a mom looking down at all the lovelies through the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seated with Him in heavenly places ....we have everything underfoot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.