15 Dec 2013

a merry week ahead

Today we light the third candle of advent, symbolising the joy we have in Him. A deep resounding place of comfort, not because our lives are perfect or full of materials or that the world is peaceful - but because we have a gift of grace; to be known utterly, and loved entirely. 

Tomorrow I am beginning a week-long blog series on merry-making (as I did last year) - projects to gift, savour, smell, see and use... because there really is something so very soothing and mediative about making from hand things that speak of the sweet celebration of the season.

We give not because we have to, no not just because we are expected to, but because we love to bring joy too.

If you feel like joining in by sharing your festive makings please leave a comment with a link to your blog.

4 comments:

  1. If ever this is a time to celebrate those we love! Hoping this season brings you love and joy Emily.
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily....
    I would rather have one home/hand made gift than twenty from a store. It means the world to me that I am special enough to someone that they want to create something from their hands and their heart just for me. I want the special people in my life to know they are special so I do make most of my own gifts to give - even if it's a batch of cookies or a handwritten note.
    I'm looking forward to your series this week...I would love to get some new ideas.

    I wish you the merriest holidays! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I quite agree Sarah! I treasure most hand-written, heart-felt words from the ones I love!

      Delete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.