6 Oct 2013

Golden

Yesterday was an especially splendid Saturday - the wind died down a bit - the sun showed her face all day long... we woke early for chores and preparation for the farm tour, cleaned up our little dwelling, drew with chalk, chatted to visitors and walked until the little one fell asleep (sideways) on my back, prepared a delicious late lunch which we enjoyed outdoors with a company of french-speaking friends - we supped on roast chicken with onions and sweet potato, a salad of kale, lettuce, oranges, beetroots and ruby chard all foraged here, endless mud splashing by Reu called for a bath on the grass... his favourite pastime, followed by pouncing on the farm's cats and spying the fattening ducks and pointing out blossoming orchard trees... then because the light was so golden and it wasn't time for bed yet the three of us drove off to the nearby town to play in the most amazing children's playground (complete with wind chimes, bongo drums and a flying fox!) We fell into bed tired, happy and full. We are so rich on days like these...

7 comments:

  1. I love the water bin toddler pool-such a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a golden wealth of goodness! Am savouring it through your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So full and rich, indeed...it makes my heart sing just seeing it!

    I'm curious...did Reu react to the French being spoken?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tub reminds me of the wash tub his dad used to love to wash in to get off all the mud in! We had a cartoon on the bathroom doorpost that said, "When my mum gives me a bath, she has to give the bath a bath"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make it all look so dreamy! That tub for his bath is the best! I use to bathe my kids in a casserole dish in the kitchen when they were little-- they got clean and so did my floor with their splashings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the bath photo! Such pure childhood bliss :) So glad you all are doing well and enjoying these golden days :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.