28 Oct 2013

a walk in the woods

we take a walk in the farm's beautiful wood - we go with no expectations, only a desire to be lost in trees. we are struck with the eerie beauty of the place - a sea of grey trunked eucalypts... a soft scattering of green grasses growing beneath... so many fallen logs and dried leaves... about our toes wildflowers - lilac violets, white six point stars... and ones I've never seen before that look like miniature orchids and tiny clusters of pale pink cauliflower. Walk too fast and you miss them. I gather up a bunch in my hands for drawing (and savouring by the window sill). My love captures behind lens and finds weathered glass fragments. The little one thumbs bark and gathers sticks... I pick and pause, thanksgiving for quietude, for moments like these.

7 comments:

  1. So beautiful. And R is getting so big!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Look at that beautiful bouquet. Those orchids(?) are stunning.

    Native violets are always a favourite, they grew by the front door of my first childhood home. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great stuff. I get it some new information through your blog. Its really helpful to me.
    Travesti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your adventure gives me wings - thank you for sharing this beautiful and new time!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Och I love your little drawings :) And gosh your photos are beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so lovely. Been thinking of you lately as I'm just learning to knit! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely setting, "where trees meet" a love of tiny things and dear people.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.