27 Sep 2013

farm life


September, 22nd
He stirs before dawn, I roll over heavy-lidded and exhausted... it was a rough night with Reuben waking often, uncomfortable with a chesty cold. My nose is running too and my arms ache with rocking. But there's a glimmer of golden light through the window. I bundle up the early riser, put boots on my feet, grab the camera and hurry out the door... We are soon greeted by the farmyard hens, three cats and lovely cream-fured dog. A little voice in my arms "meee-oows" and points excitedly. We notice frost coated grass, cows awake and grazing, and the source of that golden light.... a sun rising over the pasture. Ah yes, I say, this is why we are here. 

Eight days into farm life, and each day is different, challenging, beautiful... we're busy learning, planning, recovering, resting and all the while thankful, happy for all this.

xx

6 comments:

  1. Love the top photo. Great to hear things are going well, and farm life is fun as well as educational.

    Seen any albatrosses down there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so beautiful in the morning light and dew. I pray you and your wee one recover soon from the cold. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks perfect. Yep. A sight that would surely melt away any exhaustion.

    (finally an update! been coming back and forth everyday waiting to catch a glimpse! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely to hear from you! You've captured your new life beautifully, that first landscape leaves me breathless and I can just hear the crunchy, frosty, grass underfoot.

    I bet Reuben is reveling in the new sights and sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it all looks so gorgeous! Especially that sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE the sunrise shot. Stunning, stunning, stunning. Thank you for sharing your inspiring journey lovely one! Hope you're all feeling much better again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.