14 Aug 2013

on six years here



I was eighteen when I began. I wrote away knowing less than a handful of eyes read on with me. I was motivated by a simple yearning to have a space for retreat and reflection. for breathing in and out. for noticing little things. for sharing art. for celebrating sights seen, smells baked, grief and joys felt, stories sketched and poems penned.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm still here - if I need to be. My blog, and those of people I've come to know and love, is a significant part of the everyday. A source of inspiration and friendship. Like many others I struggle about what to share, or how to do it... I know if my heart told me, it's time - walk away - I think I'd say yes, you're right, let's be brave and just live.


And so I raise my sprig of jasmine to you
fresh pot of black tea (with slithers of raw ginger) -
blooming magnolia against australian sky,

thank you for reading and sharing these six years with me
and the rest to come -

emily clare
x

14 comments:

  1. What an honour and inspiration it has been my friend, to share these six (or so) years with you and be a small part of your life...and you of mine.

    Very grateful and in awe that through a screen such a connection can happen.
    I'm ready to make this connection in person too, I am hoping very very soon! (before you move again!!)
    Let me know when you're free!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...sweet words...and the tea sounds so nice...it's fun to think of you going into spring as we're going into fall here...

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when you started blogging... back in "the day". Happy six years lovely. I hope you'll keep on sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog has been a joy of mine for 3 years. Your reflections, recipes, and adventures inspire me. Not to mention outfits, haircuts, and other less serious matters :) Very grateful for your words and your quiet sharing.
    Gratefully,
    mari x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so, so glad I discovered you and your blog. You've been an enormous presence and blessing to me. Thank you for being here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dearest E!

    It's been such a wonderful journey visiting you here these 5+ years! Doesn't time go by in a blink of an eye? Even though we're still "strangers" you could be anyone of my close friends.

    Here's to your next adventure! Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully put. I've been blogging for a little less time but I've had the same inspirations and questions. Over time my blog has changed. I think that's the cool thing. You can record some things you'd otherwise long forget and see the changes you go through too. Thank you for making my blogging experience that much richer. I hope to be able to read you in times to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you are the same age as me. You are an old soul (meant in the best possible way:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy six years, lovely Em! I have so enjoyed your blog; you've been a friend to me in your words and photos and I am so thankful for that. You're a true gem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you keep writing and sharing. Thank you! Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you all... means so much to me to read all these. your devoted friend, Emily xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy six years! As a relatively new reader of yours, I'm so glad I have found your space. Your writings and musings and offerings have inspired me in my journey to live a balanced life. I hope you continue to blog! It's a joy coming here every week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just wanted to say, you have a way of capturing little moments and making them shine. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.