5 Jul 2013

a friday adventure

today mum took reuben and I on a wonderful car-trip adventure to the sweet-southern town of Berry... and despite a few uncomfortable screechy moments (babe still dislikes car seat) and many many versions of us singing "the wheels on the bus...." we had a glorious time. flooded with winter sunshine, blue sky, driving my favourite stretch in the country (where green rolling hills meet the blue sea and wild white lilies and flame trees flank the roadside), savouring a delicious lunch and wood-fired sourdough, petting agreeable soft-fured dogs, wandering in and out of the homey, crafty, tea-filled shops, playing in the park, smelling jonquils, crunching fallen leaves... and oh just to spend a whole day with a dear little boy and my beautiful, soul-soothing mum. how I've miss adventures like these! 

5 comments:

  1. Awe, yes...I was a nanny for several years and know the immense dislike of the car seat! oy! ;)

    looked like a lovely venture! by the bye, you look so much like your mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! You look so much like your mum!

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful. It's nice to have a mother to do a trip with. Have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't Friday just beautiful? It felt like spring was in the air. I've never been to Berry but have been wanting to for years now. We've only been as far as Thirroul in the South Coast and the drive there really is beautiful. You do look so much like your mum! My mother and i are not close and i spent so much time feeling sad about that but now that i have my little girl, i can't wait to do these sorts of things with her. It would be lovely to meet you and your bub for tea one day, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delicious sunshiny adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.