13 Apr 2013

hues

of the clay treasures being packed up...
of the toes kept warm on a rainy day...
of the so-welcome hyacinths unfurling...
of the babe in his element and the wave of his hair...
of the plates (and bowls, mugs, spoons) that didn't make it...
of the tale my hands are making...
of the afternoon hail storm, and the warm cover of the boulangerie....

simple and soft and
monochrome, multicoloured,
patchy and stained,
silent, screechy, melodious -
each so temporary,
and oh so comforting,
hues of the everyday.

I wonder, what shades are colouring your heart this friday?
x

2 comments:

  1. Cobalt blue is still my favourite colour ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mum & I both wore blue & white to lunch yesterday so...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.