3 Apr 2013

birthday

 in no particular order - scenes from a beautiful birthday (which spanned two days) - golden sunshine after a weekend of rainyness, a mid-morning walk (and nap with babe on the glass), birthday flowers bought and arranged, morning tea with earl grey shortbread and a letter from poland, sushi lunch expertly made by my ruggedly handsome man, cuddles from a cheeky monkey, cards from australia, sparkling rhubarb juice (acquired last year in Normandy and saved for this special occasion), dear friends for dinner, birthday cake (peanut and dark chocolate ganache cheesecake no less) made and eaten, fresh raspberries, a game of scrabble, plus a sister's birthday poem, many emailed well-wishes, a very warm lavender bath, and bed... oh my, being twenty-four never felt so grand 

18 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you! Looks like you had a lovely day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So MAGNIFICENT! You have one beautifully blessed life!
    Cheers! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! (: What a beautiful day you had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 24th! It looks like you had a perfect celebration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds quite fitting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to wish you a happy birthday too, but it is obvious you have had exactly that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Emily, happy birthday!!! I love these photos - such warmth and depth and so much love...
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday! I must say, you know how to have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy birthday to you. you are definitely blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good good (and YUM as always!) times.
    Happiest of belated birthday wishes!
    Love, delicious food, letters and poems, exquisite flowers....what more could you want in a birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh those flowers and sweet smiling boy! (and piles of sushi!) So so glad that you had such a lovely birthday (mine's tomorrow!) Hoping this year is your best yet, xo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! Celebrating with homemade sushi & cheesecake -- I literally cannot think of better delights- those are my favorite as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness Emily, you're so beautiful it's ridiculous! Happy Birthday! Glad you had a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awe I haven't been on here in so long but your family has turned into something quite beautiful! (Meaning that your little boy is getting so much bigger and you seem to be a wonderful mama!) I just love looking through your photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I'm late!! Happiest day sweet friend. Those pictures of you and R are just beautiful. So much love. Hope the packing is going well xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Belated birthday wishes! :)
    The pictures are LOVELY. Looks like you had yourself a beautiful birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happiest of birthdays sweet Emily! Looks like such a beautiful day. I think I said it before, but I LOVE seeing you looking so wonderfully happy and bathed in sunshine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.