17 Apr 2013

a reminder



about your life
about your clothes
about your food
about that second cup of tea
or that scar on your belly,
do not worry
about your lists
about your plans
forms to fill out
and emails to send
do not worry
about your sleep
dark circled eyes,
or your inward-facing feet,
when I say
do not worry
I do not mean
be absent minded
or careless, 
I mean,
do not let 
all the details
choke you from
actually living,
embracing Me
and the peace I give.


inspired by matthew 6: 25. I have a tendency to worry. about many things, some things worthy of a care and others no not really. amidst the busyness/chaos/brilliance of the coming weeks as we prepare to move, travel to faraway places and re-settle on the other side of the globe, I need to remind myself of this so very often. that and a blue and white teapot is one of the most comforting sights I know... 

7 comments:

  1. A beautiful sentiment Em x

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite so far. and much needed. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That passage in Matthew about worry is one of my favorite scriptures. This post is beautifully written and spoke to me deeply. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very much needed today. If you weren't so busy I would ask if I might have a print . . . I hope your last weeks in France are as calm, mindful, and enjoyable as possible, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been thinking of John 14:27 a lot lately & it goes along with this... I am a worrier as well & my life long goal is to be able to let those worries & fears go & let love & faith fill in the gaps, because like you mentioned here -- not worrying does not mean absentmindedness nor does it mean we don't care. In fact, stopping the worries actually will open ourselves up to being able to care more for those we love instead of pushing them away while we sit & worry about their futures-- man, I need to follow that advice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wise and wonderful! Mamie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.