28 Mar 2013

day three

 
I choose you.
I choose you in my difficulties and 
my frustrations of today -
in the inadequacies I feel as
a mother, artist, wife,
follower of you...
times when all my flaws
flare up and choke
my heart and mind -
when my vision is distorted
by untruths, or just by
idolising a broken 
world (and its rites)
instead of fixing 
on your perfect love,
unchanging,
marvelling at atoms
and seasons passing,
abiding in your grace
and healing,
forgive my smallness,
my cowering in dark thoughts
and angry words -
refresh my spirit
with a fullness of joy,
take my doubt and worry,
and in my heavyness
shine your light
that I would see it
and know.

8 comments:

  1. Emily- I love these holy week posts and sketches! They are lovely and enchanting. Thank you especially for this prayer (poem? verse?) It resonates so deeply with me today. That I would see His light in the darkest depths of my Spirit... that I would choose Him again and again. Thank you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan, I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying this series and that its feeding your heart a bit - I am certain God delights in us being honest and vulnerable with Him and wrapping His enfolding Love about us! xx

      Delete
  2. beautiful!
    this reminds me of "the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness". i love your illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, that is basically my prayer....It's as if you stole into my soul and put it into clear words...all except the mother and wife part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my kindred A... thank you for your words.

      Delete
  4. This is so wonderful! Just what I needed today. Thank you for sharing it. (Got your blog through a friend, I'm in Paris too.... The Jardin du Luxembourg yesterday was such a glorious treat, indeed!) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I really needed to read this. Thank you.
    By the by, your blog is a source of continual inspiration for me - from your dedication to your artwork, to the way you glory in the small things of life. Again, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.