15 Feb 2013

je t'aime


in so many ways as this,
my lover, my child, my sovereign lord,
my heart and soul are yours...



I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use...



a heart as soft, a heart as kind,
a heart as sound and free
as in the whole world thou canst find
that heart I'll give to thee... 


because as He is, so are we in this world. 
there is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear... 
We love Him because He first loved us...


for I am persuaded that neither death nor life,
nor angels nor principalities nor powers,
nor things present nor things to come,
not height nor depth, nor any other created thing,
shall be able to separate us from the love of God
which is in Christ Jesus, our Lord... 


♥  
elizabeth barrett browning/-robert herrick/1 john 4:17-19/romans 8:38-39

7 comments:

  1. i love sonnets from the portuguese. :) a perfect post for today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet and lovely!

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you must be one of the prettiest women I've ever seen. Sigh :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remind myself of the "perfect love" verse whenever a worry/fear starts to creep into my mind. I remind myself that if I fill myself with love - if i believe that all things are possible with God, who is full of love, then the fears dissipate & I'm able to see the path clearly that I should go. Thank you for the reminder-- I needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tears looking at your lovely face, and looking at those hands that are red with doing and washing and caring and being creative. I love your hands and I love your face and I love your heart and mind. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such beautifully sweet photos, Emily...
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.