1 Feb 2013

ode to sun

mister sun,
you come at just the right time -

after hard nights,
the kind in which my baby boy
sick with a fever wakes and cries every 20 minutes,
and can only sleep for a few hours in my arms -

you find us through the window
reading books on the rug,
we feel you prickling our cheeks 
and soothing dark circled eyes,

and so we laugh at our shadows on the wall
open the windows to let the fresh air in -

you occupy a little boy on the door step,
while mama unloads the groceries,
you touch the top hairs of his head just so -
a moment too beautiful to say,

mister sun,
your golden rays
are a healer around these parts

a healer of body, head and heart.

4 comments:

  1. oh, yes, I used to sit in front of our back glass doors as a kid and I still do as a mom to absorb all the magnificent sun. In the winter we put a blanket down and do picnics against the warm sliding glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi I love the sound of those indoor sun-soaking picnics!

      Delete
  2. The star that gives us Life!
    I'm such a Sun worshiper...so healing.
    Happy the lil'one is perking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes the sun! Dear friend in winter! Hoping for rest and good health for you and your boys! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.