25 Jan 2013

a dreaming song

Oh friends, thank you for all your encouraging comments and heartfelt emails on my last post, it really means more than I can say to hear your "me too's" and sense your love across the seas... 

speaking of seas, and flying across them - this is the latest illustration in a series I am doing with reuben dreaming and oh what wonderful places he must adventure to when slumbering...

nestled tight,
feather against cheek
and eyes closed shut,
heart that beats
and wings
cross sky
and sea

nestled warm,
small hands 
and toes curled in,
mind that rests
and wanders
over land
and tree

nestled there,
first child of mine
against my breast,
and ears that hear
a song
so sweet
and free.

6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful. It captures the dream state so well!

    By the way, I just wanted to let you know my postal address has changed -just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful verse! And I love the drawing too - it is gorgeous! You are so talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that image of Reuben carried on the back of the bird. A dove? A sparrow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! You have such talent.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.