22 Dec 2012

merry-making: day four

The merry project for today is simple and perhaps slightly childish, but fun all the same: hand-stamped wrapping paper with wine corks! You could of course use potatoes or rubber for the stamps, but we had a growing collection of wine corks that were crying out for some re-using! This would be a fun project to get the little ones involved in (perhaps not in the handling of a sharp pen knife part though)
First decide on some simple stamp designs.
Then using using a sharp pen knife cut one of your wine corks in half. Using a pen draw your design onto the flat cork surface. Next with your pen knife carefully cut around your design.
Choose paint for printing and paper to print on - I used white cotton paper for tags and the old faithful brown paper for wrapping paper. 
Stamp away!
 And there you are! 

4 comments:

  1. Your wrapping paper looks lovely. I haven't made any for a long time.
    Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright red and mint green colour combo - it's christmassy but also a bit summery too. Looks lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like so much fun, and it is simple and pretty to boot! :) I am surely going to try this out. Thank you!

    This is a good idea for gift wrapping paper for any season, not only Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is way too cute! I haven't wrapped gifts yet, so I might have to try this idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.