3 Nov 2012

dusk

 
when the rain clears we go out to buy buttermilk and eggs,
the crisp air brushes our cheeks, but we're warm in our layers
(especially you in the sling), chattering about the season,
crumpling leaves underfoot, then gazing at how quickly
the setting sun turns buildings to gold...
there's no prejudice in our neighbourhood with the covering of autumn -
she patterns manicured lawn and unkempt path,
smooth render, flaking paint, abandoned car -
with amber hues, haunting
and beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful indeed.

    I love the cold Autumn light shining through your collection of leaves on your windowsill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED the pics and your words. Beautiful!

    I would love to experience the colours of fall sometime. I never have. We don't really have fall in India.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.