2 Oct 2012

today, unleaving

my life's palette brims with colour:
burnt orange, reuben red, pale gold, 
sage green, linen grey, bark brown -

I pause awhile,
and brush my mind's eye with the here and now;
a lover creating, garden growing, 
child sitting still, pear tree unleaving,

and lingering in my senses;
soft of my baby's neck,
smell of neighbour's burning wood,
ten o'clock sunshine and damp of cloth hung to dry.

words said by others tug at my heart,
of differences, 
or distances, widening -

gently, I choose to let go
as the season beckons:
let go and listen,
release, replenish.

3 comments:

  1. "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."- A.Camus

    Whimsical photos, enchanting words, as always!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maaaan so much beauty!
    Yes let go friend, let go....I hope you can feel freedom.

    Really beautiful photos and words.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.