25 Jul 2012

part II: in Bruges

I first visited Bruges four and half years ago - and fell in love with her then; her glorious canals and brickwork facades and dainty lace.

Little serendipities,
thoughtfully curtained windows,
a dog settling in for a water view,
a road lined with thrift stores and antiquities,
a conversation with a japanese man sketching the cityscape
(as I hushed my baby to sleep)
savouring dark chocolate with fruit and nuts in a grand bath tub,
sharing steaming hot pomme-frites in the market square,
holding umbrellas, baby-wearing,
flemmish stew, the acquisition of "family binoculars",
sips of trappist beer, or sparkling water,
perfectly boiled eggs in the morning,
greenery,
cobbles,
walks with my mama,

visiting the church I found four and half years ago,
and pausing in remembrance and thanksgiving
for all the time that's passed between us
for who I am now
a wife, a mum,
an artist, a dreamer -
a faithful believer
that the divine love of God
finds us everywhere,
anywhere,
if we let it -
and grows,
delicate,
strong,
true,
lace-like
in the soul.

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic!
    Happy week to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another one to add to the list - cities I want to visit! I just love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH, a huge grand sigh! I love you and I love this! so much beauty friend....so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful in that last picture lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it looks so lovely there. I can't wait to get a chance to travel to Europe one day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!! This is on my bucket list, to travel and see the wonderfully beautiful places such as these. You lucky duck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to go to Bruges when I stay in Europe one day, I love that roofs :)
    You look great! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.