31 Jul 2012

monday

 

hello old friend,
you, who comes around each week and reminds me of a fresh start,
a begin-again,
and I, who feels so tired,
much more than usual -
I feel a bit like the hydrangea bush, my colours fading,
Still recovering from a cold and night wakefulness,
and finding myself flat
dark-circled,
mugs of tea made and half-drunk,
emails half-written,
too much banana cake eaten,
lists forgotten,
fuzzy, slow -

but we keep moving,
we have to
you and I -

and relief is in the sound of rain early in the moring,
the smell on handmade soap on my skin,
lavender, sage and clay...
a slow tap of knitting needles,
a letter in the box,
laying down for a rest -
and later, as my son stirs beside me,
he looks at me with those big blue eyes
and smiles.

and I think, I can do this
begin-again.

6 comments:

  1. Really beautiful words. And all so true. Happy Monday to you and here's to a week of wonder xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear woman, you're magnificent.

    Sleep. Sleep. Sleep. (as much as you can with that wee babe...it's allowed!)

    Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, that's what we keep doing, beginning again and again each week, each day. The flying up and the coming down.
    It is great that you keep remembering the beautiful things even when you feel low.

    Much love!
    Prayers for joy and energy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.