22 Jun 2012

a summery skirt

Mais oui! Its summertime and I now have a skirt to match the colours of the season.

When I first laid eyes on this bold nani iro linen blend I knew something had to be done with it. I followed Genevieve's tutorial for a high-waisted gathered skirt. It is my first attempt at a skirt - and an invisible zip no less! I truly do love it, loud and colourful as it is. I think Reuben does too because when he sees me swishing about in it his eyes light up with wild excitement. Also, I feel it resembles something of the lambs ears and purpley-blue hydrangeas growing in our garden, don't you think?

Happy day to you!

13 comments:

  1. Nice work on the skirt. It's looks great on you.
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously exactly what I have been looking for! I just started learning how to sew on a machine. I always want a mid length high waisted skirt and I can never find them, so I am so excited to try this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I too very much like high-waisted mid-length skirts; which is why I kept my fabric length a bit longer than the tutorial suggested :)

      Delete
  3. Oh summertime, ain't it grand! love-love that print.

    by the bye, you look stunning, pretty mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! You may just have inspired me to dust off my sewing machine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it turned out great! i love the print!! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful and it suits you to a "T". Enjoy your summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful design! Good work! I love the colors and I love highwaisted skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressive work. I may just use that tutorial x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it, and you, both entirely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for your sweet comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.