19 Jun 2012

gratitude

 
for the planting of  more herbs in the garden
for the simple things that happily occupy a baby
for the feeling of delicious grains
for the taste of quinoa bread and butter
for the sight of market produce
and for colourful suppers
(in such good company)

alex left on saturday for an outreach in eastern europe.
he'll be back in two and half weeks -
the longest he and I have ever been apart
since,
well,
we met each other.

this morning I was woken up at 4am by loud rolling thunder, I instinctively turned to alex's side of the bed, I missed the sound of his steady heave of breath, the smell of him so familiar and good. I curled in close to my baby boy sleeping and stirring beside me.

so thankful to be a mamma, so grateful for my kin, so glad to be safe and warm.

10 comments:

  1. Reuben, You made and elephant! Good job.

    Love from Germany, my beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post so much! I can really relate to all of this, I love that you used the word "kin". Its all so warming and true and good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha! I think I spied with my little eye something beginning with rhubarb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what is the recipe for that delicious looking food?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such nourishment! No doubt you are such a nourishing mother

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your food always looks so wholesome and delicious!

    Also, your darling boy is precious and your birth story brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sleeping next to a baby makes everything better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen!

    And that baby boy... he does something quite gooey to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is so beautiful, Emily: more so every day.

    xo,
    A

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.