9 May 2012

a spring top

So this is my first attempt at sewing a top. I followed the simple and elegant wiksten pattern and used the 3/4 yard remains of this lightweight cotton gauze sprigged with clovers. Its not perfect but its a good first go; it feels soft and comfortable and spring-like. And I can nurse in it (which is the prerequisite of all clothing these days). I feel it may be the first of many...

happy day to you! 

p.s. I confess I haven't had a hair cut for about a year - since we left Australia - which would account for its long unruly ways. Partly because I miss my beloved hairdresser of seven years (hello, dear Claire!) and partly because I'm scared to go to a French one with my basic conversing skills. Hmm, what should I do? Keep growing it out long or cut it all off again!

7 comments:

  1. I am loving your hair - and your top!

    It is also nice to see Reuben in a photo in proportion to you because quite often he looks so big!

    Spring love from the chilly autumn of Mudgee

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice work with the top. you did a really good for a first attempt at a top.
    i got my haircut just after we left australia in iceland. it was such a good cut it is growing out well, but I haven't been bothered to cut it cut back in my little bob. maybe its the money, maybe its the fear, maybe its the language. maybe ill do it soon.
    -kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'd say it went over very well, too cute!

    since loosing my favorite hair stylist (and not wanting to pay 100 anymore) I havent been to a professional in over 2 years! oy. keep it long till you know the right person to take you short! :) that's my two cents...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You look fantastic, Em. Are you sure you had a baby?! :)

    Love that top. Yes please.

    I loved it shorter. You could always just take a picture of what you want to make it easier...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The top is perfect...so's the hair...

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so clever! I can't believe this is your first go at sewing a top, it looks great! And your hair is gorgeous! I love it long and wavy. So so beautiful Emily x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.