8 May 2012

merry things

the weather is slowly and surely warming up, 
the roses are beginning to bud,
the beets are getting taller -
blooms make merry the table amidst the mess of sewing,
this old recipe is re-discovered and savoured,

on a sunny day we let the nappies and clothes get kissed by the sun,
stand by tiles my lover brought me from marrakech 
(because he knows how I love tiles, morocco and blue and white)

I take baby out into the fresh air to look at sky 
or greenery or post-box interior -
and we're humming round the cherry tree 
cause there's green globes a'growing...


what makes you merry to-day?

4 comments:

  1. Eating that cake would make me merry! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your banana bread looks yummy...it's raining here...just a nice spring rain...everything is green and drippy...

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post!

    I get merry being with my husband because he makes me so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em,
    I was thinking of you this morning, specifically of how much I love your aesthetic. So simple and fresh, always.

    There are some people's blogs I read who make me feel like I am not living enough or beautiful enough or something enough...but yours, it always makes me feel like ENOUGH. It leaves me with deep breaths and crisp, new canvases to my soul.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.