24 Apr 2012

thankfulness

for all this rain
for a long afternoon nap
for blue watercolours and biro pens
and a moment to sketch again -
for the way my baby nuzzles my shoulder
and chuckles in the bathtub -
for freshly baked bread dipped in olive oil
or a slice of apple and strawberry crumble cake -
for lilacs and blossoms brought indoors
for sage and beans and lupins and tomato and snow pea sprouts
and my lover's hands that planted them -
for the gift of each day
and that however misshapen or overwhelmed or tired we might feel there's always some joy to be seen, felt, eaten, known.
always.

5 comments:

  1. There is indeed some joy somewhere...always. However hard it may be to see sometimes......But we become blind to it ourselves hey?
    JoyFULL post once again friend!
    We have been getting A LOT of rain aswell lately, but its kind of sunny today.

    I'm sending a virtual hug your way! and thank you once again for this beautiful capture of joy in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers on the top are my favorite! I can just smell them through the photo! Mmmm.

    I love this. All of this.

    Every good and perfect gift is from our Father of lights!

    Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh mama,
    Do I ever echo these sentiments:
    Even in the thick of fatigue a light shines :)
    Xo
    A

    ReplyDelete
  4. tender love and care ;)

    this is the year of transition, growth, & change, for sure! it's in the cosmos, for everyone I know or speak to are "more appreciative" seeking their true path, transforming etc. but in flux....

    all of our journeys are unique - but yours is exceptionally beautiful.

    be well, beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. too true. how often we forget in the midst of stress that there is always some positive out there.

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.