2 Apr 2012

scenes from my birthday


april 1st, 2012
today was a truly splendid birthday - waking up in an old farmhouse in the Loire valley beside my sweet boys; delighting in a quiet pause to shower and stretch; the sound of a whistling kettle; breakfasting with cards and parcel from afar; gifts of a lovely mug, spring seeds, a woollen dress and plum-coloured shoes; puzzling; walking through a sun-drenched village; supping on an exquisitely french lunch with my dear parents-in-law; kissing my lover under the blossoms; gathering birthday flowers; watching my little babe sleep; baking carrot cake; feeling blessed, youthful, joyous... oh happy day indeed!

11 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you enjoyed your birthday.

    My love to you and your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what prettiness. Happy Birthday lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness can it get anymore wonderful, amazing, magical, beautiful?

    May you have the greatest 23rd year ever. I'm very much anticipating the day when we will finally meet, please come back soon! (although you wouldnt want to leave that beauty of a place would you?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday indeed. It was Morgan's on Friday. Always different celebrating somewhere new.
    -k

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect looking day! A happy, happy year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. all too good!
    and that food...perfection.
    stunning, you beautiful soul!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you a (belated) very Happy Birthday! Was thinking of you on April 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy, happy and very blessed birthday, sweet friend! sounds like it was delightful, indeed. continue to have a wonderfully blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no I missed it! A very happy belated birthday to you! You look like you had the most glorious day wondering amongst the blossom trees with your beautiful boys! And your cake looks amazing! So happy to have known you for another year sweet Emily x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.