13 Apr 2012

scenes from the loire

we have arrived home from a two-week stay in the beautiful loire valley with alex's parents and brother who've come over to visit and treat us to a holiday. it has been so refreshing; so lovely to spend time with family face to face, celebrate my 23rd birthday, contemplate easter, gaze out at all those blooming canola fields, under blue skies, with fresh produce from the markets, olden ruins and chateaux nearby, thick wooden beams to sleep under, books to read, puzzles to hover over, fresh cups of tea, a fine husband to recline with, and of course - a smiling babe to hold and kiss...

happy happy weekend to you
x

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I was there many years ago...and I really enjoyed seeing your photos...

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. I hope to have a chance to see and experience for myself one day. The cheese looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how beautiful and how very very french.

    it seems the countryside there is as perfect as it is here.

    xx Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to live in Mont Pres Chambord!! So close to the Chateau de Chambord. And most of my childhood was spent in the Loire Valley. It's amazing how these photos tug at my heart!
    So glad that you got to visit with family and take a bit of a holiday.
    Cristelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look of the village/town in the third last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so magnificent. wishing to stroll those lands.....someday!

    sounds like a full and complete trip!

    much love

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.