21 Mar 2012

Spring brings fresh hopes, buds and blooms

Eat from our garden.
Picnic as a family of three.
Get back into reading aloud.
Listen to thoughtful podcasts.
Bring fresh flowers inside.
Write a letter.
Wear skirts.
Try new recipes.
Stretch every day.
Contemplate the psalms.
Write a poem as often as I can.
Kiss my boys' cheeks as often as I can.
Embrace the calm, slowness, quiet of some days.
Accept the noise, restlessness, bustle of some nights.
Muster the courage (and french) to talk to my neighbour.
Sing-a-long to music that lifts my soul.
Learn to braid my growing hair.
Explore our neighbourhood.
Draw with pen and ink.
Invite people for meals.
Voice thanksgiving.
Soak in sunshine.
Turn 23.

6 comments:

  1. Seedlings! I have some of my own to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats the most bestest list ever!!!

    Your a family of three just like my family now :)

    Thanks for that sense of hopefulness and gratitude that you always give out.


    p.s what was your most favourite thing at uni?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forget sometimes how young you are! You're only little! Whenever your birthday is I hope it is glorious. And I must say the dirt those seedlings are growing in looks like chocolate cake! Spring is always such a happy season. Enjoy x x

    Oh and I replied to your sweet comments on my blog. Not sure whether you will get a notification telling you that or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 23 years! I am to celebrate my 23rd year in July! :)

    Love your writings, I follow them diligently and am never disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, what a beautiful life!
    Happy happy birthday, emily!

    I'm so envious of your full young life :)

    lovelove

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.