11 Mar 2012

some woolly thoughts

I believe it was almost one year ago I decided to give knitting a real "go" after years of preferring the crochet hook (and secretly feeling quite scared at the prospect of using knitting needles). I have since attempted and completed two sweaters, a cardigan and found myself quite a changed woman on the subject - knitting may (for me) be slower, use more yarn, and involve a lot of undoing and redoing but is does feel so good, so fresh for the fingers!

A few weeks before Reuben was born I started on this sleeping sack or "kicking bag" to keep him warm from the waist down... the pattern is a free ravelry download and was such a joy to decipher and complete. the yarn is a beautifully silk/wool 4-ply blend from quince & co in the colour way "buoy" but it seems more like "dijon mustard" to me! this afternoon I finally got a moment to capture the finished sack on the wee boy, who seems to be growing bigger by the second. that and baby yawns make my heart sing...

In other news we're off to the alps tomorrow morning for a week -
they'll be work and rest
lots of walks, fresh air,
spring buds -
and perhaps
if we're lucky
some falling snow.

be well and stay warm
x

6 comments:

  1. It's fab! Good work lady. My Mum's in the process of knitting Josephine a cardigan in the exact same colour.

    Enjoy the holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the third photo! What a cutie! Can't wait to hear about the Alps! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Em,
    I can see that breastfeeding must be going extremely well. Reuben has got a double chin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the Alps! How lovely.

    Reuben will be one well-travelled baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The work of your hands and the fruits of your body are so incredibly beautiful!!
    Xo
    A

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so clever with your knitting! this is beautiful and I love the colour x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.