18 Feb 2012

friday joy

joy is in the strong stretches of a two-week old boy, in the unfurling of flowers from my lover, in making and eating of chocolate cake, the game of scrabble which spans two days, in that silky head of hair, in little pants knitted by mamie, freesias under the mirror, in the touch of a tiny hand against my skin and the warmth of oatmeal every morning... joy amidst the unwashed hair, hormones and sleeplessness - joy in the little things, that remind me of the bigger things; a healthy body, a happy home, a growing family, a beaming heart.

8 comments:

  1. Such a sweet bundle. Wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing. and good looking breakfast - oatmeal = lactation food magic!!
    Reuben looks so tiny and perfect...what lucky souls you are!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful gifts from God to you at this precious time, he is such a cutie! The chocolate cake looked very yummy! Such a precious time, :) Martine

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart, is beaming at you, right now!

    You awesome Mumma.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those first days with my girl were the best days of my life. you have captured it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleased your delighting in all these moments

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a blessing! We are so glad that everything is ....just is . Living in the moment...memorizing the minutes....and Happy Anniversary. Love Jen and Glenn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.