10 Feb 2012

dearest little'un

dearest reuben,
you are my little one. today marks a whole week since we met you in those early hours of the morning. when I was surging with waves of intense force and feeling, kneeling into your papa, your grandma relieving my back with her hands, our midwife close by - the frames were playing softly in the background but I don't remember hearing it. I can remember feeling your head for the first time, and that great lusty cry you gave upon surfacing. the best sound in the world. its a boy, your papa said. and so you are... seven days later we find ourselves overwhelmed with love for you, for all your tiny features, grunts and sighs. i feel my emotions close and raw. day and night mingle together. it seems like centuries ago I carried you in my womb. it is so good to have you here. to meet the you, we already knew so well. my bonny lad, my son; reuben.

12 comments:

  1. Oh I am thinking about you three, so pleased and excited, so glad about how right it seems for you to be his parents, and for him to be your son. You are a beautiful woman, and a wonderful mama. You are so good to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photographs! How did you decide on his lovely name? xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful beautiful mother you look!

    And what a gorgeous little family you now have!

    I love it all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!!! i am absolutely adoring your posts with little reuben! blessings to you all and lots of prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! So lovely to see you all together. I love his lips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful. absolutely amazing. i remember the early days so well...the feeling of days and nights blurring together, feeling groggy and sleepless and full of new love...so amazing. all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sisimply beautiful :) they are such precious gifts!

    ps. you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have one beautiful lil family now! He's absolutely adorable.

    much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This made me tearful! Congratulations! You three are surely blessed and I pray that blessings surround you all your days!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.