9 Jan 2012

a tote

Its been a long time since I last sewed a bag, even longer still since I sewed a bag for my own use and not for the shop, a market or as a gift. This is what resulted from a few hours crafting - a largish, sturdy linen and cotton bag. I really like her. I especially love the combination of heavy cotton printed with origami creatures (cutesy of ikea), linen lining and the embroidered cord tie at the top. For now its going to house baby things for our stay in the birth centre. Then who knows what it will carry; baguettes? nappies? fabric? baby?

5 comments:

  1. i adore! that fabric. Fabric + origami = awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you debbie & anon :)

    alice, its wonderful fabric isn't it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.