27 Jan 2012

dearest little'un



hello baby so-nearly-here,
do you know that today is australia day? your papa and I celebrated in true fashion with a steak sandwich complete with beetroot, homemade lamingtons and billy tea. later I ate vegemite toast, listened to nick cave and read you my favourite les murray poem. I look forward to the day we bring you home to the sunburnt country - where the sky is so big and wide, the ocean blue, the air clean, the trees grey, the earth dry. I will take you to the bush, I will show you the steep hills and cityscape, we will cherish the company of our beloved kin, listen to squawking birds, feel salt water on our toes and the warm sun prickle our skin. one day, perhaps, we will take you for a drive - your papa and I - down the winding coast, past the red flame trees and the roadsides laden with lilies - we will take you to a valley that is forever etched in my heart and soul. and maybe we will spy a few kangaroos too.
love m & p

9 comments:

  1. The Les Murray poem is incredible.

    I am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful!

    I know your little 'un will be just as happy as his mama and papa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been in Tanzania for a few months visiting my parents, and one of the first things I did when I returned home was check your blog to see if you had had your precious baby yet! :)
    All the best, continue to enjoy this special time of waiting.
    Mim

    ReplyDelete
  4. le sigh... that day will come faster than you think!
    you breathe in every moment so well - inspiring.

    xox,
    -lulu

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to miss these little letters! I can't believe the time is almost up, it's gone so fast. I know that you will have soooo many beautiful adventures together. Such a blessed baby already x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these posts and will look forward to seeing that wee face: from one impending mama to another, I wish you the most wonderful experience of bringing this being earth side :)

    xoxox,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, this time seems to have flown by <3 I cannot wait to meet your sweet one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.