29 Nov 2011

dearest little'un


my sweet babe,
now you're thirty and a half weeks grown and still rumbling and wriggling around as ever. Autumn's almost ended and the shops are full of walnuts, quinces and persimmons. At dusk the air smells of wood fires. For the last couple of days I've felt the need to slow down and take things gently. Tonight your papa and I started reading Fellowship of the Ring by JRR Tolkien out loud - we plan to re-read the whole trilogy to each other (and you). I wonder which characters you will like best, which moments will capture your heart and imagination... keep growing healthy and strong dear one -
love m & p

8 comments:

  1. so nice, the Tolkien-idea! looks beautiful your belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Your baby is so blessed that you read to him already ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband would read 'Charlotte's Web' to Elisabeth every night while she was in my belly and would you know it, my waters broke 30 minutes after he finished the final sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Ben's been reading to the bump too - and singing plenty of classic tunes too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tim and I love to read to each other - biology books, mostly, but this Christmas vacation I plan to read Saturday by Ian MacEwan to him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh babe. I have a feeling Tom Bombadill will be high in the favorites running.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This reminds me of how my father read to me every single night as a child. We went through the entire chronicles of Narnia, The Little Princess, Black Beauty, Anne of Green Gables, and others. Such a good habit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.