15 Nov 2011

dearest little'un

twenty eight and half weeks today, my little one -
this weekend we went away on a conference for three days at a beautiful countryside convent. you were patted and blessed by many women, including a french nun and a moroccan singer. the fresh air and reflection was restorative on your mama's body. every time a song was sung in arabic you began to wriggle, perhaps you are inclined towards its sounds and nuances too. we're told you have your own patterns of sleep now, and it seems you like to be awake when I'm trying to sleep. feeling you moving around when I stir in the early hours of the morning feels like a secret language between us. its marvellous.
love your mama x

8 comments:

  1. What beautiful photos your little one will have to cherish as they grow older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds divine, "a secret language between us". A lovely description.

    Thanks for sharing!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely.
    You make pregnancy seem so magical.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. magical, miraculous. This place looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this is what my mom felt like when I was still inside her wriggling also. :) Must have been wonderful for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so gorgeous! I found your blog via So Fawned and I'm really excited tostart following you :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.