4 Nov 2011

adventures in bread-making: apple challah


I am determined to branch out in my bread-making. so this morning I made my first loaf of challah, which is a jewish egg-based bread. I was wooed over by a honey and apple variety curtsey of smittenkitchen (which truly is my online recipe haven). The dough was easy to make, though my attempts at braiding were very amateur. The end result is a moist, soft, slightly-sweetened bread with delicious chunks of apple and a faint aroma of mixed spice. Its kind of like a healthy-ish brioche where butter and sugar are replaced with honey and oil. However, it was difficult to resist eating a good deal of it alongside a cup of earl grey tea... That and its been raining all day long.

Hoping your Thursday is a happy one so far,
you are all welcome here for some challah and tea

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks terrific! Hope you're well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks so delicious! And thank you for sharing that recipe website, I'm already getting lost in the different recipes that are stored there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.