2 Oct 2011

sunday scones

its sunday morning and the air is sweet with baking,
I woke up and thought I'd give the lovely Hannah of Sugar & Spoon's scone recipe a try - the addition of lemon zest is so good.

I also made some fresh lemon curd to go with them,
here's the recipe:

~no-sieve necessary lemon curd~

3/4 cup caster sugar
2 whole eggs + 2 egg yolks
zest and juice of two lemons
80 g butter

With a hand (or electric) beater cream eggs and sugar. add lemon and butter and beat. pour mixture into a small saucepan and stir on a low gentle heat until the mixture darkens and thickens. my mixture came out smooth so I poured it directly into jars - it should should keep well for up to two weeks in the fridge - it can be frozen too.

happy sunday dear hearts

6 comments:

  1. Hold the scones, I'll be straight over! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im afraid Im very American in my baking and I dont know what caster sugar is. *blush* Is there another name for it? These scones with lemon curd look amazing!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh unkleE, I wish you could come over! (and bring some famous marmalade :)

    Thank you Mrs Panda,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made several batches lately - grapefruit, grapefruit and lemon, tangelo, lemon and orange. I'll save one up for you somehow - maybe we'll come over to see dearest little'un sooner than you think! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was just was introduced to your blog by my loverly friend jen goss and these scones make me want to drop everything and go make them. i'm over the border in germany but hope we'll be able to meet sometime. cheers for now and keep those delish recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.