18 Oct 2011

dearest little'un


dearest little one,
my goodness you are twenty four and half weeks grown and you weigh around 600 grams. to celebrate on the weekend I baked a fresh 600g loaf of grainy rye bread. It was delicious, but the thought of you swimming around inside - my very own bun in the oven - is even better. your papa and I already feel like we know you so well, what with your kicking and wriggling and turning as we talk (and laugh especially). recently we bought your very first sling - it is soft and padded. I hope you will like nestling into it - close to our heartbeats.
love m + p

7 comments:

  1. oh, emily - you will LOVE wearing this bambino. it's one of my favourite things about being a mama - that, and sleeping beside my wee baby every night ;). And i'm so glad to see from the previous post you're reading Dr. Sears. he writes amazing books - i highly recommend both the baby book and the attachment parenting book by him. Also, if you don't already have her, reading anything by Ina May Gaskin will make you feel so empowered and amazing and in awe of your body. sending you all the best mama vibes!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's been 24 weeks already! You look absolutely glorious x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jordan, its always so nice to hear your thoughts as a new mama. I'm glad you love Dr. Sears too! I have a wonderful, weathered copy of TBB. I have heard so many good things about Ina May Gaskin too.

    Kerri, the time is surely flying by, thank you for words :)

    Martine, you are too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spiritual midwifery is rocking my world, to expand on jordan's wisdom ;) congrats on your bun and loaf :)

    xo
    a

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings beautiful girl! Sending you love from across the way, I can't wait for you to meet your small-and-wonderful-bundle-of -all-things-good-and-delicious....! You look a stunning mama bear to be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is gorgeous and YOU are beautiful! Happy growing lovely one x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.