6 Sep 2011

un cardigan pour l'automne

meet sylvia,
she's my new wooly companion this autumn.

made from the delicious quince&co wool (dye colour "lichen") and a straight forward pattern you can download for free here (I modified it to fit a 36" bust and added 1/2 sleeves). all up it took me about two weeks to knit using the hours spent travelling the RER and metro into french school for the past month and while unwinding of an evening. she is so soft, lovely and warm without being too hot on the arms. i found the buttons for about $2 on ebay - they are made of pale green shell. i like the knowledge, also, that Sylvia really is parisian because this is where she has grown up... all she knows are the orchestras of chatelet underground, the streets of saint placide, and the jardin du luxembourg. how extravagant.

do you have any clothing companions for this season?

11 comments:

  1. i can't believe your skills! sylvia is perfection. she reeks of strolls in a park, a tote filled with gourd vegetables, tea in the quiet light, along with a bookish figure.

    If i attempted to knit anywhere but a perfectly still chair (and even then its completely inconsistant) it would be one hideous mess!

    I'm inspired to find a fall companion, an ernest comes to mind...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *gasp* I love it!

    {From your own pale green Shell xx}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sylvia really is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful top! I hope you are keeping well and enjoying your adventures in France! :) Martine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and just the colour for you.
    You're looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I strongly feel you will have a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this. What a delightful little cardigan! Great job, I am so impressed....I need to learn more with knitting other than cowls and cowls and more cowls :) (you have patience....i think that is what i am lacking). Enjoy every bit of wearing it this beautiful season. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cardigan is lovely! I am currently about half-way through knitting my very first sweater (up to now it's been all lace shawls and scarves for me). I hope my finished product is a comfy and wearable as your Sylvia!

    By the way, you look absolutely lovely :) Congratualtions on your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so clever! And I love that your cardi has a name!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.