28 Aug 2011

dearest little'un


dearest little one,
early this evening at about 6 o'clock I stood over the sink picking lemon verbena leaves for drying - the sun was shining so bright and warm through the windows that I had to let you feel it for yourself. I thought softly, and quietly about you... about your senses forming, I wondered what you felt and heard in your space now. I wondered what we will learn from each other in the future. One day I will crush a verbena leaf in my fingers for your little nose to smell. And I am sure you will find some strange thing, perhaps a delicate cicada shell or a rusty peg form the garden bed for me to hold and treasure awhile. I look forward to that, so much.
love always, ma

6 comments:

  1. oh, the things you will learn from each other...i honestly don't have the words to express how profoundly motherhood will enhance your life and enlighten you. it makes you feel as though you were missing a giant chunk of your life without even knowing it, and it's now been filled. amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep on thinking about how blessed your little one will be to be able to call you mama. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. sunning your babe. how wonderful. i do wonder if you are reading to him/her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh..........I cant wait to be a mother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think you're going to make such an excellent ma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This brings me so much joy. So happy for you and your beautiful babe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.