21 Jul 2011

ostróda

windy roads
flanked with forest
and half-finished modernising,
walls that have seen better days,
prussian blue signposts,
smells of cabbage,
dill and potatoes,
freshly cut watermelon,

a humble, crumbling apartment block
reflects the shadow of young men
wake boarding,
loud-music blaring,

an ice-cream dribbles
down a rosy toddler
around her; voices
thick and raspy
with rarely used constants,

and the crystal shine
of a lake,
scattered with waterlilies
white swans,
little boys fishing,
old men chuckling,
tourists,
wanderers,
like me
wide
with gazing.

6 comments:

  1. I've missed you. Europe through your eyes is tender and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. different sights and senses 'round every corner!
    golly, there's so much of this world to see...

    p.s. love the ink above!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm!
    I really like every image here.
    You're the beautifullest adventurer...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have an eye for making beautiful what could seem drab and neglected.
    I hope you are having a great time in Poland and are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like seeing the world through your sensitive eye :)
    xo
    a

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your words and images are so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.