24 Jun 2011

A Hare Named Serena

a few weeks ago we met up with friends who were able to bring a bag of things we left in Australia (because we couldn't physically fit anymore into our suitcases & we were already past our weight limit). They were all art/crafty bits and bobs. It included my beloved girl with a hare named Serena embroidery tin (which actually belongs to my mama) filled exactly the way I left it; with linen, thread, needles, scissors. Is it too melodramatic to say holding this tin in my hands again felt holding a piece of my soul? It did.

And lately I've been threading teapots, as you do. So far I've got an english one, a french one and an arabic one (the letters spell out "shay"; tea) and have no idea what I will do with them. Any suggestions?

I do hope this thursday is treating you well
x

9 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear that you have your tin back in your happy hands.
    And I love your tea pots :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooches, of course :D

    They are so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are so lovely..how about framing them in a needlepoint hoop...they can mirror the shape of your beloved tin...& be ready for hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had been wondering where that tin had gone but somehow it feels right that you have it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so lovely she's back.
    so lovely to bring her.
    how about a knitted tea cosy beneath your embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post :) Your threading teapots are also quite beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a delightful writer - I love coming here :)
    xo
    a

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh my, I had to leave all my sowing thing in Australia too. I wish I could get some for my crafty fun. For now I am borrowing things from my husbands grandma.
    This is super special. enjoy it.
    -kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.