7 May 2011

a perfect day

for a picnic!


today we met in the glorious shade of grey gums,
with the sunlight dappled through,
we rode bikes,
ran barefoot,
supped on homemade treats,
talked and laughed and reminisced,
and what a gift
to have my mama, my stepdad
my dad, my stepmum,
my ma-in-law and my pappa-in-law
all there
loving us,
(our friends too)

we feel so full of blessing
we may just explode...
and though it pains my insides
to know I'll be so far from them
in flesh,
I know our hearts are ever close.

3 comments:

  1. So happy for you to have all your family together.

    I'm hoping that delicious looking cake got some loving.

    And know that you're in my heart always.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a glorious day! but sad too as you will leave them in a few days. These must be exciting times dear Emily!
    Wishing you all the best, and i hope that you've been enjoying these amazing autumn days!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.