18 Mar 2011

an update on the knitting front

Week three and half: done! I decided to keep the sleeves shorter and add a strip of intrigue on each arm. I like the way it gives a sense of there being a cuff at the end of them. This is my first completed knitted project since I was seven, and its certainly not perfect or without "wobbly" bits. But I still feel mighty proud.

And oh! how warm, and baked-quince lovely this garment is.
A herald to the Autumn dusk.

Which my sister's current hair colour/s is also.
Happy Friday

6 comments:

  1. It looks so warm and soft and lovely. You've inspired me to take up knitting! But where to buy the wool in Mudgee? Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you could make a plastic bag look adorable if you wore it! But seriously, you should be proud, my knitting projects are fraught with boo-boos where I entered the conversation instead of paying attention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTENESS PREVAILS!

    It looks smashing on you, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!!

    Is it knit all in one piece, or did you have to seam? I love how wonderfully simple it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! Congratulations, I hope you are very proud! You look absolutely gorgeous in it too I must say :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.